If you've ever watched any TV home show, you'll know that location is everything.
From building a conservatory to getting a new kitchen or bathroom, you can change almost everything. But, once bought, you cannot change your home's location.
But living in the UK's most desirable areas is an expensive business.
And the same can be said of dying.
According to the latest SunLife Cost of Dying report, the average cost of a basic funeral has is £3,897, which is more than twice as much as it was when SunLife first started tracking funeral prices in 2004. This year's report has shown significant regional variations in funeral costs across the UK.
- London - £5,529 (+41.9% national average)
- South East & East of England -- £4,090 (+5% national average)
- South West England - £4,011 (+2.9% national average)
- East & West Midlands - £3,878 (-0.5% national average)
- Yorkshire and The Humber - £3,834 (-1.6% national average)
- North East England - £3,744 (-3.9% national average)
- Scotland - £3,716 (-4.6% national average)
- Wales - £3,627 (-6.9% national average)
- North West England - £3,381(-13.2% national average)
- Northern Ireland - £3,277 (-15.9% national average)
Unsurprisingly, London remains the most expensive place to die, with the average funeral costing £5,529, which is 41.9% more than the national average.
The regions where funeral costs are lowest are Northern Ireland (£3,277) and North West England, where the cost of a basic funeral is £3,381, 13.2% lower than the national average and £2,148 less than the cost of a funeral in the capital.
With a network of over 3,300 independent funeral directors throughout the UK, Golden Charter funeral plans are accepted by more local funeral directors than any other, giving you complete confidence that you have the widest possible choice of funeral director.
With a range of plans and payment options available, pre-paid funeral plans are an affordable and convenient way to arrange funeral essentials in advance. And as an added benefit, all Golden Charter funeral plans now come with a Will included to ensure you can make all of your wishes known.
And as the UK's largest independent funeral plan provider, more than half a million people have trusted Golden Charter with their funeral arrangements to date.
For more information on arranging a funeral plan with Golden Charter, allowing you to choose from more than 3,300 independent funeral directors across the country, request a free info pack, or call us on 0808 169 4534.